If you are using a Windows 10 PC or laptop, then you may have encountered the problem of Windows 10 memory leak. From the past few days, several Windows 10 users are repeatedly complaining about this problem on Reddit and Microsoft forums.
The issue seems to have been caused by a bug in the RAM of windows 10. During the normal process when you are not using several apps, then your computer should use around 30 percent of RAM and 40 percent of CPU power. But, if your Windows 10 is nulled, then it can go anywhere between 80-90 percent RAM and 80 percent of CPU power, which slows down your OS by consuming lots of RAM and CPU.
So, How you can fix the issue? Here are so quick tweaks which you can try to fix the Windows 10 memory leak issue:-
How to Fix the Windows 10 Memory Leak Issue
1. Remove Malware
The Problem might have occurred due an infected file or program. So, Before changing any advanced settings of your computer, just make sure that your computer isn’t affected by any kind of malware. You can install an anti-malware software to deep scan your computer for infected files. If you found any infected file or program, then delete it immediately and Restart your PC. If the windows 10 high memory usage problem persists, then you can give a try to our next methods.
2. Registry Hack
- Press Win+R keys.
- Then, Type “Regedit” and hit the enter button.
- After that, Just Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.”
- Find “ClearPageFileAtShutdown” and then Change the Value to 1
- Restart the Computer.
Also Read:- Fix “Failure Configuring Windows Update” Error
3. Adjust your Windows 10 to the Best Performance Mode
- Firstly, Right click on the computer icon and select properties.
- Then, Select Advanced system settings. A pop-up window will appear.
- Choose “Settings”
- Then, Select “Adjust for Best Performance” Option and Tap on the Apply Button. And Click “OK”.
- Now Restart your Computer.
Also Read:- How To Check CPU Temperature in Windows
4. Disable Startup Programs
- Press Win+R Keys.
- Type “msconfig” and Tap the Enter Button.
- After that, A Task manager window will be opened, and you have to click on the Startup tab.
- Once clicked, you’ll see a list of programs which run at startup.
- Then, Right Click on the applications which you don’t wanna run on startup and hit the “Disable” option.
Also Read:- Best Free Registry Cleaner For Windows PC
5. Defragment Hard Drives
- Press Win+R keys.
- Now, Type “dfrgui” and hit enter.
- After that, A window will open where you have to select the hard drive to Defragment. We recommend you to choose the drive in which the Windows is installed.
- Click “Optimize” and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the defragment process.
- Once the process is finished, then Restart your computer.
6. Remove Pre-installed and Suggested Apps
- Go to “Settings” of your Computer
- Then, Select the “System” option from the available options.
- After that, Click on “Apps & Features” under the System tab.
- Now, Click on the Apps you want to delete and then hit uninstall.
That’s it! Above are the best possible solutions which you can use to solve the windows 10 high memory usage problem. I hope this post helped you to find the best solution to resolve the issue. If you have any alternative solution to fix the windows 10 memory leak problem, then let us know in the comment section below.