Last Year, Windows had provided an update to their Windows 7 and 8 users. As we all know that Windows 10 is more secure than its older versions, but still it lacks in terms of internet speed. A lot of users have recently reported the Windows 10 slow internet issue which usually occurs after the update.
Fix Windows 10 Internet Slow Problem
If you are also a victim of this problem, then don’t worry, we are going to show you some methods which will help you to increase the speed of your internet. So, here are the methods which you can follow to resolve the windows 10 slow internet problem.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Memory Leak Problem
1. Disable Windows Update Assistant
When you install Windows 10 on your computer, it usually comes with an update assistant that consistently checks for future updates. This Assistant always keeps working in the background which can consume a lot of data and internet bandwidth. However, it’s an important tool to keep your Windows updated, but you can disable it for a while and this will boost your internet speed also. To disable it, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, click on the “Windows” icon located on the bottom-left side of your screen.
- Then, just find the “Settings” option and click on it.
- After that, you will find an option called “Update & Recovery”. Once you find it, just tap on the option to open it.
- On the next screen, you have to choose “Windows Updates” and then click on “Choose how updates get installed” option.
- After that just set the preferences according to your needs.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Issue
2. Disable Firewalls
Firewalls are one of the best security components which comes pre-installed along with the Windows Operating systems. But, Aside from protecting your device, firewalls consumes a lot of data and internet bandwidth. If firewalls are slowing down your internet, then you can try disabling them for a while which will help you to increase your internet speed. So, here are the steps which you can follow to disable firewalls:
- If you are using Windows 10 inbuilt firewall, then you can disable it from Windows Settings.
- To disable it, just go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Defender and then disable it.
- On the other hand, if you are using a third-party firewall, then you can disable it from the firewall settings.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Black Screen Issue
3. Disable the Large Send Offload
Large Send Offload better known as LSO is a new feature added by the Windows to enhance your network performance. But, contrary to its purpose, it may consume a lot of bandwidth which will result in slow internet connection. Disabling this feature can save a lot of internet bandwidth, thus it will help you to increase your internet speed. So, following are the steps which you can follow to disable the Large Send Offroad:
- Press both the Windows+R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Once it opens, just type “devmgmt.msc” in the text box and click OK.
- After that, just expand the “Network Adaptors” option from the given list.
- Now, find your network card and double-click on it.
- Then, select “Advanced tab” option and choose “Large Send Offroad” option.
- Lastly, set the value to “Disabled” and you are done.
That’s it! These are the best solutions which you can use to resolve the Windows 10 slow internet issue. We hope you found something helpful in this post. If this post helped you, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives who are looking for the same solutions. Also, Do you have any queries or questions to ask? Did you found something better than the above options? If yes, then let us know in the comment section below. We always love to hear from our readers.