There’s nothing more frustrating than a slow internet connection which might cause many problems like less productivity, work delays etc. It’s possible that there is something wrong with your hardware or Router that is causing a slow internet connection. You might be facing this issue, and if its true, then don’t worry about this. If you guys also thinking that why is my internet so slow then here we’ve some tips and tricks which you can use to troubleshoot the slow internet connection.
1. Check your Internet Speed
Sometimes, you might be facing this issue because you’re only paying for a slower speed. In order to check whether your internet speed, follow the steps listed below:
- Firstly, connect your computer to the modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Once connected, disable and power down all the extra devices which are connected to the same modem.
- After that, Go to Speedtest.net and click on “Go” button displayed on your screen.
- Once checked, then compare the speed with the internet plan you had opted for. If it’s same, then it’s a temporary problem, and if the numbers don’t match, then you might be paying for a slow internet connection. If you want to speed it up, just upgrade your plan to a faster internet connection.
Also Read:- How to Make Your Internet Faster (5 Ways)
2. Check your Wireless Router Hardware
Sometimes, a broadband router can be responsible for slower internet connection. To figure out if whether the problem is happening due to the Modem or any other issue, follow the steps listed below:
- First, give your wireless router a quick reset by just turning it off and then restart it again.
- If this trick doesn’t work, then open a web browser like internet explorer, chrome, safari, etc.
- After that, Type http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit the enter button.
- If it asks for your password, then enter your password.
- Once the webpage opens, select the Network.
- Then click on WAN Speed.
- After that, select the Speed mode to Auto or greater than your Router Speed.
- Then check your Internet speed from speedtest.net
3. Stop Background Apps and Programs That Consume Bandwidth
Some programs like Dropbox run some processes on your computer which are minimized to a system tray, where they are consuming the internet resources. For example, if you’re using some software which consumes heavy internet resources, then it might cause some problems with your internet speed.
Also, the games which work with video advertising can cause such kind of problems. Forget these apps and program and make sure check your computer for any heavy programs while you troubleshoot this problem. You can also install adblockers to remove video ads, animation ads which can use up your internet resources.
Also Read:- What is a DNS Server and How Does it Work?
4. Call your Internet Service Provider
As you all know, Internet speed ultimately depends on your internet service provider. Your ISP can change the configuration settings or may suffer technical issues which leads to a slower internet connection. ISP can also install some filters which control your bandwidth and results in slower internet connection. If you suspect that the problem is due to your ISP, then don’t hesitate to call your internet service provider right away.
That’s it! Above are the best and possible fixes which you can use to resolve a slower internet connection. I hope this post helped you to fix the issue as soon as possible. If you found this post helpful, then don’t forget to share it with your friends, family and other people who are facing the same problem. Lastly, if any questions persist in your mind, then feel free to contact us through the comment section below.