Most of the High-definition games come along with both the Apk and OBB file. Installing an Apk file is quite easier, but when it comes to using the OBB file, it may be tricker for some people.
Most of these games don’t even function properly if you’ll not place the OBB file in the right folder. In this blog post, we are going to provide you a step by step guide which you can use the right usage of the Apk and Obb files.
What is an OBB File?
Opinary Binary Bob most commonly known as OBB is a set of functions and assets of a particular game. All these functions and assets are required for the proper functioning for the game to which this file belongs to.
The primary function of this file is to provide a better gaming experience to the player. In absence of this file, the game might not work as expected or may not function properly.
Requirements to Download an OBB File?
- A perfectly working Android device having a 4.o version or up.
- ES File Explorer.
- A strong working network connection.
- Some free space in your mobile device.
- At least 1 GB RAM required.
How Can I Extract the OBB File?
- Download ES file explorer on your device.
- As soon as it’s installed, then download the OBB file on your device.
- Launch ES file explorer on your device.
- Locate the folder where you’ve saved the file.
- As soon as you’ve found it, long press on it until some options appear at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the Extract option.
- Select the Extract Path and click Ok.
- This will extract the entire OBB file.
Where Should I Place the OBB File?
- Locate the folder where you’ve extracted the OBB file.
- Long press on the OBB file.
- There you’ll see an option namely as “Move” at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, you’ll have to select a path where you want to move the OBB file.
- Just select “phone storage/android/obb there.
- Click on the Move button.
- This will move the extracted OBB file to the OBB folder.
- The OBB folder is the right folder for OBB files.
- Once the OBB file is placed there, then you can install the Apk file to run the game on your device.
Note:- If these steps will not work in internal storage then move your game’s obb file’s folder in your sd card in the same location”sdcard/android/obb.
The OBB files support the smooth functioning of a game. Generally, these files are large in size. This was the entire guide which will allow you to extract the place the OBB file in the right folder.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you found this guide useful, then do share it with your friends who are still facing the same issue. Also, if you need any further assistance, then you can contact us through the comment section below.