Sometimes there are conditions in which you have to disable antivirus software on your pc. Because you are trying to install other third-party apps and Avast antivirus is blocking the installation. It may also be preventing you from visiting your linked web pages due to security reasons. In any such condition or other, you have to turn off Avast antivirus security during the time of installation or surfing, and this doesn’t mean you have to uninstall the program from pc. You can instead just stop Avast antivirus for some time. Also, you can disable any particular level of scanning of Avast using the second method. So, we are sharing two ways to stop/disable Avast antivirus permanently /temporarily 2017.
Below we are going to share the quickest and step by step guide to disable Avast in pc. We will also share screenshots with each step making the work easy. The guide will be same for all other Avast products. Free Antivirus, Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, or Avast Premier can be turned off in the same way.
However, there are some precautions you should take care off before disabling Avast antivirus in your pc. You should not ignore these as it is the matter of your device’s security.
Do not stop or disable Avast security shields if you don’t know about this. Make sure you know about it.
Never turn Avast protections off if some other malware about which you don’t know is asking to do this. It may harm the security of your pc/laptop.
These are two preventions you should follow before going to the steps. So, now let’s start with the guide.
1 Method: Disable Avast Antivirus Permanently
Disabling Avast antivirus will turn off all the active shields protection on your PC. Below are the simple steps you can follow to do it. It is quite easy with below method.
- First of all, go to the Windows Task Bar and look for Avast icon.
- Sometimes, the icon is not visible directly. In case, click on the top arrow and then look for it. Right click on the Avast icon.
- There will be an option of ‘Avast Shields Control.’ Go on it.
- Select any one option depending on the time you want to keep Avast disabled.
- Now a dialog box will appear for asking confirmation. Click on Yes.
That’s it. After clicking yes, Avast and all its shields will be turned off accordingly the time selected by you. This is the easiest method to disable Avast antivirus. You can also turn off Avast antivirus permanently using this method quickly.
2 Method: Turn off Avast or Any Specific Shield Temporary
If you don’t want to shut down all protection shield, you can stop or pause any fix shield temporarily. This is also allowed by Avast and can be done with the method described below.
- First of all open the Avast tool interface. For this, double-click on the Avast icon from Desktop.
- Click on Settings. It is on the right corner of the user interface.
- Then go to Components tab.
- Now disable File System Shield, Mail Shield, WebShield by clicking on the switcher. As you will click on the switcher, you will get four options:
- Just choose the one you want.
- That’s it Avast will be disabled quickly.
If you want to check, whether Avast is disabled successfully or not. If it is turned off, the switches will become red and main window will turn yellow and there will be a message: ‘You’re Vulnerable.
This is the way to turn off avast antivirus temporarily.
So, guys, these were the two short and easiest methods for How to disable Avast antivirus? Both the methods are fully working to turn off Avast antivirus. Also, these are the easiest method which works in all Windows versions. Steps are same for all Windows: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8,8.1, Windows 10 and all other. If you are installing a software which requires Antivirus to be uninstalled, then you don’t need to do so. You can easily disable Avast antivirus using the steps above.
I hope you liked the tutorial on How to turn off Avast antivirus? The process is easy to follow and requires only five minutes work. Before disabling antivirus, be sure you know what you are doing.