In order to protect your data on Google, you can use the two-step verification that is offered by Google. You can follow the steps as given in this article so that you could transfer Google Authenticator app to the new phone. Nowadays it is very common that leakage of the database containing information on your login details happen. Consequently, it is very important that you should follow the two-step verification provided by various services online in order to protect your data from leakage.
Transfer Google Authenticator to a new phone
Basically, the phenomenon of this protection method is that a person would need to know your login id as well as your password. Besides, one would also require an access to the device that your authentication codes are sent to. Only then would a person be able to gain access to your account. Hence it becomes difficult to break into your account. The Authenticator app of Google works as well for most other services as it works with your Google account. The app is available for Android and iOS.
Sometimes you may need to transfer Google Authenticator app to a new phone or disable it completely from some device. This can happen for example when you buy a new phone and use it instead of the old one, or if you misplace your phone. Following steps will guide you to transfer the Authenticator app to a new phone or disable it completely from some other phone:
Also Read:- Fix Google Play Services Battery Drain Issue
Steps to Transfer Google Authenticator to a new phone
- The first step is to install and sign in to the Google Authenticator app on your new phone.
- Then you will have to go to Google’s two-step verification Web page using a browser on your computer. For accessing the security check, log in to your Google account.
- Click the Change Phone option below the Authenticator section.
- A pop-up will appear asking the type of Mobile phone you have.
- Now it will show you a barcode.
- Scan the barcode through the authenticator app, that you have downloaded before on your phone.
Also Read:- How to Earn Free Google Play Credit
This is all that you need to do in order to transfer your Google Authenticator app on your new phone. However, it is important to mention here that you will need to transfer all those other accounts on your old device that use the Google Authenticator app. For this visit the sites of all these accounts individually and scan the QR code with your new phone. After you have moved all other important accounts, you can remove the Google Authenticator from your original phone.