- 1 How to Know Whether My Teamviewer Hacked or Not?
Teamviewer is a file sharing and computer screen sharing tool which is used by a lot of users on a regular basis. But, recently, some users have claimed that they have experienced some unauthorized access to their computer. But, it’s still not confirmed because the Teamviewer team has not claimed the breach yet. So, how to know whether your computer or TeamViewer hacked or not? You don’t need to worry about this because we have something special for you. In this guide, we are gonna show each and every step to check whether your TeamViewer hacked or not? If it’s hacked, then what to do next? So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive into it.
How to Know Whether My Teamviewer Hacked or Not?
In this, we will use some tricks to know whether your TeamViewer hacked or not. Following are the steps which you can use to see whether the TeamViewer installed on your computer is hacked or not:
Also Read:- Best WiFi Hacker Apps For Android
1. Access Teamviewer Access Files Using Windows
- Click on the toolkit symbol which you can find at the upper-left corner.
- Click on “Open Logfiles” and open the files known as Connection First.
2. Access Teamviewer Full Version+Host Module Using Windows
- Click on the Extras and then press the Open log files button.
- Open the Connections_incoming.txt and then click on the Connections.txt file.
3. Access Teamviewer Log Files Using Linux
- Run the “teamviewer -ziplog” command on a command line.
- Unzip the file and then open the files under the Connections_incoming.txt
Also Read:- How to Change IP Address to Protect Your Privacy
4. Access Log Files Using the Mac
- Launch the Console app.
- Go to Files> /Library/Logs/Teamviewer folder.
- Press and open the Connections.txt file.
Once you have opened the connections file, then look for the login IP addresses. If you find any suspicious IP address, then there are chances that your Teamviewer is hacked. So, what to do if you found a suspicious IP address in the list. Just don’t worry and start taking the following actions.
Also Read:- Best Identity Theft Protection Services
What to Do If My Teamviewer is Hacked?
If you found any suspicious activity on your device, then here are the steps which you can use in case your TeamViewer hacked.
- The First and foremost action which you need to take is to alert or call the Teamviewer support. You can find the contact numbers on the TeamViewer official contact page.
- You can also run a virus scan on your computer to see whether the problem is due to a virus or not. Once the scan is completed, never forget to alter your login password to protect yourself from any future damages. Get Best Antivirus for Your Device.
- If you are still curious about your privacy, then you can use or enable 2-factor authentication on your account. Go to Edit Profile>General>Activate Link>Two Factor Authentication. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further.
- You can also change your password in order to protect your account. Never use the passwords which are easily predictable like your personal information etc.
That’s it! Above is the step by step guide to figure out whether your TeamViewer hacked or not. I hope this guide helped you to get what you were looking for. If you liked this post, then share it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask me in the comment section below.