If you are using Windows 10 on your PC and your Local Host is taking too much of your CPU, memory and disk usage. Then, you are not alone. There are many Windows users who face this problem daily, but unable to find any solutions regarding it. If you are looking for the same solution, then you are on the right blog post because today we will share some effective ways to solve this issue. Therefore, below are some of the possible solutions which will help you to fix your superfetch high disk usage right now.
Solution 1: Disable the Service Host SuperFetch to Fix High Disk Usage
Superfetch decreases the boot time and the performance of the must load programs. Also, it is one of the potential cause of disk performance in the Windows 8 and the later versions. There are two methods by which you can disable the Superfetch program and both of them are as follows:-
(#) Method 1: Disable the Superfetch Program with Run Command
- First of all, press the Windows+R buttons in order to open the Run Command.
- After that, just type services.msc in the box.
- Now, Just find the Superfetch program and click on the Superfetch program to edit it.
- Then, just click the stop button from stopping the Superfetch service.
- That’s it! Superfetch will be disabled now.
If this method doesn’t work for you, then we recommend you to move to the second method.
(#) Method 2: Disable Superfetch using the Command Prompt
- First of all search for cmd.
- After that, just right click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as administrator option.
- Then it will ask you permission, click yes.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, just type net.exe stop superfetch in it and hit the Enter button.
- After that, wait for few seconds and the command prompt will tell you the service was stopped successfully.
Now, Just check whether the problem is solved or not? If it is solved then you don’t need to worry now and if it doesn’t solve then you must follow our next part for a possible solution.
Also Read:- What Is an IPSW File?
Solution 2: Fix the Problem with Windows TroubleShooting Program
Sometimes, the Windows update can be a potential cause for high CPU or disk usage. In order to solve the issue with Windows troubleshooter, here are the steps you need to follow to fix the issue.
- First of all, Press the Windows+I key to open the settings menu.
- After that, just scroll down to the update and security option and open it.
- Once opened, just click the TroubleShooter option located in the left panel and then select the Windows Update.
- Now, Just click the Run the TroubleShooter button and wait until the troubleshooter scans your computer and check for any problems.
- After the scanning, just press the Fix issue with the Windows update tab and click Next.
That’s it! Above are the possible solutions which you can use in order to solve the issue of high CPU or disk usage. I hope this post helped you to fix this problem. If this helped you, then just share it with your friends who are facing the same issue. Also, if you have any doubts or questions, then feel free to share those questions with us through the comment section below.