There’s nothing more frustrating than the situation when we wrongly delete some important messages and we don’t know how to recover them. If you ever faced this problem, then you probably looking for a way to retrieve those messages. Luckily, there are a number of ways in which you can use to recover deleted messages on facebook. So, without wasting any more time, let’s start exploring how to retrieve deleted facebook messages.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
As we have mentioned above that there are a number of ways which can be used to recover deleted messages, but all of them require different setup depending on your device type. So, we have divided the whole guide into different parts as follows:
Also Read:- How to Disconnect Instagram From Facebook
1. How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android
Facebook messenger has a feature known as “Off the Internet” which allows your device to save your facebook messages even after being deleted from your device. So, it’s quite simple to recover deleted messages on your android phone using some simple steps.
- Install File Explorer on your Android device.
- Launch the File Explorer on your device.
- Navigate to SD card or Internal Storage option (it depends on where your device saves your data).
- From there, go to Android>Data.
- Inside the Data option, you will find “com.facebook.orca” folder.
- Open the folder and open files > fb_temp folder where you will find all the deleted files and messages.
Note:- Sometimes this method not work for you, then you can try below-given method.
2. How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages Using the Archive Option?
An archive is an excellent option which helps you to save your messages from any future mishappenings. Using the feature, you can secure your messages and you can use it on any platform including Facebook Messanger, website or even on the Facebook app.
- Open the Facebook messenger app.
- Find the long press on the chat which you want to archive.
- A new menu will appear on your screen.
- From the menu, you have to select the “Archive” option.
- The chat will be transferred to the archive and you can recover them whenever you need it.
Also Read:- How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
3. How to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages by Downloading the Archive?
After saving the chats to an archive, then you can download them whenever it’s required. Here are the steps which will help you to do so:
- Log in to your Facebook account from a computer.
- Click on the bottom facing arrow which you will find at the upper-right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the available options.
- Navigate to Account Settings and then click on it.
- Under the General settings, you have to click on the “Download a copy of my Facebook data” option.
- On the next page, just select “Start my Archive” option.
- This will open a confirmation tab where you have to click on the “Start my Archive” option again.
- After that, you will have to click on a link represented as your Archive link.
- Enter your password and then click on “Download my Archive button.
- As soon as the Archive downloads, unzip it and then open the file named as an index.
- On the next screen, click on the “Messages” option and you will find all the messages inside it.
So, Above are the best methods which you can use to recover deleted Facebook messages. I hope this post will help you to recover deleted messages. If you liked this guide, then share it with your friends who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any questions to ask, then feel free to contact us through the comment section below.