Are you an iPhone user dealing with minor software cliches and wondering how to factory reset iPhone without a password? Then you came to the right place. iPhone devices are pretty stable, but there are times when they get cluttered with cache and bugs. The only way to fix is to perform an iPhone factory reset. There are different types of reset processes associated with iPhone and iPad devices including soft reset and factory reset. In this tutorial, we gonna talk about how to factory reset iPhone without passcode to erase all its data. So, let’s jump into it.
Also Read:- How To Hard Reset iPhone 7
How to Reset iPhone Without Password
This is the official method by Apple Inc. and will work in most of the cases, but it has its own downsides. This method will delete all your personal data including your messages, contacts, photographs, music, notes, etc. everything.
- Backup your iPhone data via iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone via lightening cable and open up iTunes.
- Find “Restore iPhone” option in iTunes and click on it.
- A dialogue box will pop up, click “Restore.”
- When the iPhone Software Update wizard pops up, click “Next.”
- A new license agreement window will appear.
- Click on the “Agree” button and let iTunes do the rest.
Warning! As we discussed earlier, this method will erase all your data such as photos, messages, songs, notes, etc. from your iPhone. So make sure you have a backup before performing iPhone factory reset
Also Read:- How to Clear Documents and Data on iPhone
How to Reset iPhone without iTunes
This method is ideal if you don’t want to download the 2.5GB update file via iTunes. However, this method will only work if you have an iCloud backup. Also, you have to enable “Find my iPhone” setting to avoid any authentication issues after the reset process.
- Open Settings > General >Reset then find “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Let the iPhone complete the reset process.
- Note: It will take around 20 minutes to reset iPhone, so take a sip of coffee and water your window plants.
- After iPhone restarts, it will greet you with the “Hello” screen and will prompt you to go through initial setups which include putting up your apple id and password.
- After the iCloud account is set up, you will be forwarded to “Apps and Data” screen, there select “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
How to Reset iPad
You can factory reset your iPad via the same iPhone factory reset process which we discussed earlier, with or without iTunes. Just make sure you have a backup of your iPad in iTunes before performing the factory reset.
We hope you have gone through all the processes and If you know any friend who is asking “How to reset iPhone?” feel free to share this article with him/her. If you have any questions or encounter any problems in the above guide, then let us know in the comments below.