Microsoft Excel is undoubtedly one of the most useful application which comes with the Microsoft Office suite. It surely makes it to easy to sort and store data like graphs, charts and budgets. Though It isn’t easy to get your task done in Excel but do you know what makes it even worse? After spending hours and hours to get the best of your data in those Excel sheets, you somehow forget to save it, or sometimes an expected power crash doesn’t let you save your hard work. While some hard workers will work all over again to get the data sorted in Excel, there are some smart workers too. These are the people who learn to recover unsaved Excel file.
How to Recover an Unsaved Excel File
To all those hard workers out there, it is you who made us to take up the query regarding “How to recover an unsaved Excel file?” for this article. The next time you are not able to save your Excel file in time and you think of doing it all over again, remember it isn’t only time-wasting but an opportunity killer to do so something more productive. Learn this below-mentioned method which teaches you how to recover an Excel file that was not saved. This method can be only used in Microsoft Excel as the method mentioned in this article teaches you to recover an unsaved Excel file.
Also Read:- How to Recover Unsaved Word Document
Steps to recover an excel file that was not saved
- Please open Microsoft Excel on the computer.
To remind you, through this article you are trying to learn about how to “recover” an unsaved Excel file.
- Go to the File tab.
- Under the File tab, choose the Open option.
- Now, under the Open option, click on the “Recent” option.
- From the list on the screen, please choose the option “Recover Unsaved Workbooks”. The option is usually present at the bottom of the list. The alternative method to do is to go to File > Options. Click on “Manage Workbooks” which will provide you with a dropdown list. Choose “Recover Unsaved Workbooks” from the drop-down list.
- Click on the necessary file followed by a click on “Open” option present at the bottom of the screen.
- The previously unsaved file will open for you and a banner appearing at the top will recommend you to save the file.
- Click on the “Save As” option to save the file.
Thus, you have learnt to recover an unsaved Excel file.
Also Read:- How to Recover Deleted Files on Android
We hope we were able to help you in solving your query, “How to recover an unsaved Excel file?”.
Please like and share this article with your friends, colleagues, and relatives who need to learn the method to recover an unsaved Excel file. With the help of your comments, let us know if we can do something better. In case, you want an article to post on your query, then share your query in the comment box.