Are you looking forward to play ps3 games on ps4? If yes, then you are on the right page, because today we will share that how can you play PS3 games on PS4 console. But, before that, we will show you the PS4 backward compatibility and then we will move to the main point, where we will discuss how you can enjoy these old ps3 games on ps4?
Can You Play PS3 Games on P4 Console?
Unfortunately, you can’t be able to play the ps3 games on ps4 because of the ps4 backward compatibility. Basically, the backward compatibility means the playing the disks of the older games on a new system. Some gaming consoles have the feature of backward compatibility so that you can play the older version of the games on them. But, As we already mentioned that PS4 doesn’t come with the backward compatibility feature, so this means you can’t play ps3 games on the ps4 console. But, Now a question arises that is it possible to play ps3 games on the ps4 console or not? So, below is the answer to that question.
Also Read:- PS4 Vs Xbox One: Which Console is Best for You?
Play PS3 Games on PS4 with PlayStation Now
While you can’t play the ps3 games on the ps4 console, there is one more option for you that is PlayStation Now. The PlayStation Now is a gaming service that allows you play the old ps3 games by just streaming their titles. And for that, you just need a fast wi-fi connection. So, Now you can enjoy all the old ps3 games on PlayStation Now. It contains all the subtitles of PS3 games in an online cloud, giving the gamers an additional advantage of taking no time to install or update. But, always keep in mind that your wi-fi must have at least 5 Mbps speed in order to download the PlayStation Now.
Also Read:- Ps4 pro vs Ps4: Which One Should You Buy
What is the Cost of PlayStation Now Subscription?
Currently, PlayStation Now offers a free trial of 7 days for which you can take the monthly subscription at just 19.99$. Also, you can opt for the three months subscription that will cost you just 49.99$. These subscription plans are only available for the US, Canada and UK residents and PlayStation Now is based on rental mode. There are two rental packages and the cost depends on the titles and the period of the packages. You can quickly start the gaming journey with the PlayStation Now 7 days free trial and if you like the service then you can choose from the above subscription plans.
Also Read:- Best Games to Play When You are Bored
How to Set Up the PlayStation Now?
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to set up the PlayStation Now:-
- First of all, You need to set up a free account with Playstation Now. For this, Just visit the PlayStation store from here.
- After that, Just make sure that your internet speed is at least 5 Mbps. If it’s less then you need to upgrade it.
- The third tool you will require to set up PlayStation Now is input tools like Dual Shock 3 or 4, Wireless Controller.
- Now, just turn your PlayStation on and then click on Settings.
- Then click on Network.
- Next, Open the Setup “Internet connection” tab and then choose the type of your internet connection.
- After that, Just follow the on-screen instructions in order to set up the PlayStation Now.
- Once completed, just launch the PlayStation Now by navigating to the main menu of PS4.
- Now, Just choose the “PS Now subscription” and then download the PlayStation Now app on your PS4.
- After that, Just choose the subscription plan according to your needs and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
- You can start your gaming journey by going through this link.
That’s it! Above are the steps you need to follow in order to play the ps4 games on ps4. I hope this article helped you to get the required information that you are looking for. If this helped you, then feel free to share this post with your friends, family, and colleagues. Also, If you have any doubts regarding this post, then ask us in the comment section below.