If the “page fault in nonpaged area error windows 7” issue has occurred on your screen and you don’t know how to fix it, then you’ve landed on the right page. Normally, this error is known as the blue screen of death because it turns your screen into a blank blue screen. Once this error happens on your screen, then you won’t be able to do anything and at that time you have to solve it. If you are at that stage and want to solve the “page fault in nonpaged area error windows 7” issue, then here are some of the solutions.
Ways to Fix Page Fault in NonPaged Area in Windows 10, 8, 7
1. Adjust Paging File
If this error occurred on your screen for the first time, then this simple trick will work for you until and unless the problem isn’t due to a hardware. Here are the steps which you can follow to adjust paging file:
- Press both the Windows+R keys together to open the run dialog box.
- Type “Control Panel” in it and then click on OK.
- Once you are there, find and click on the System option.
- Then, click on “Advanced System Settings” option.
- On the next page, click on settings which you will find under the Performance tab.
- Then, click on the Advanced tab and click on the “Change” button located under the virtual memory option.
- On the next page, you just have to uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box and select “No Paging File” option.
- Click on Ok and then restart your computer.
2. Check Disk
Sometimes, the error may occur on your screen if the hard disk isn’t able to work properly. To check the hard drive performance, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the Search Windows and then type “CMD” in it.
- Once it appears, right-click on it and then select “Run as Administrator” option by right clicking it.
- This will open up a prompt on your screen.
- Once the prompt appears, then type “chkdsk /f” command in it.
- If a message display on your screen which states that the driver is unlocked and would you like to schedule a chkdsk on the next restart, then press the Y button for yes.
- Now, restart your computer and let the chkdsk do its task. It may take a few minutes on Windows 7, but works fine on Windows 8 and Windows 10.
3. Uninstall Your Anti-virus Software
In some cases, your Anti-virus can be responsible for this issue, but the chances are rare that the antivirus will cause a problem like this. But, it’s better to give this method a try because it can also solve your problem. Here are the steps which you can follow to uninstall Anti-virus software from your computer.
- Right-click on the icon of the Anti-virus.
- Then, select delete from the available options.
- Confirm to delete the program.
- Once it’s deleted, then restart your computer.
4. Bad Driver
If you have recently upgraded your driver, then the problem may have caused due to the new updated driver. Drivers are an important part of a computer and if there’s something wrong with them, then your computer will not work properly. Following are the steps which you can use to fix a bad driver:
- Press both the Windows and R key together to open the run dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in it and click on OK.
- This will open the device manager tab.
- In this tab, you have to find and click on the “Disk Drivers” option and it will open a new popup on your screen.
- Once it’s opened, navigate to the “Driver” option and then click on the “Roll back driver” option.
- If the button doesn’t appear, then you can try clicking on the “Uninstall” option.
- Now, restart your computer and Windows will try to install a compatible driver for your computer.
That’s it! These are the best solutions which you can use when the “page fault in nonpaged area error windows 7” issue occurs. I hope this guide helped you to get what you were looking for. If you found this guide helpful, then share it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any questions or queries to ask, then let me know in the comment section below.