If you own a less storage smartphone, then you probably have deleted a lot of apps to make some additional storage on your phone. But, there’s still a way which you can use to expand your smartphone storage. You just need an SD card for that. By default, all the android apps are stored in internal storage, but you can move them to your SD card. Following is the step by step guide on how to move apps to SD card:
How to Move Apps to SD Card in Android
There are two methods which you can use to move apps to your phone SD card. But, before doing that, just keep in mind that a portion of apps will be transferred to your SD card. If you want to move each and every app stored on your phone, then it’s not possible. So, without wasting any more time, let’s move to the two methods on how to move apps to SD card:
Also Read:- How to Uninstall System Apps From Android
1. Move Apps to SD Card Using the App Manager
In this step, we will move apps to SD card one by one. I know it may seem frustrating to some people, but it’s the best way in the case when you don’t want to move some apps to SD card. Following are the steps on how to move apps to SD card using the App manager:
- Open settings menu on your device.
- Scroll down to the apps or application manager option.
- Select the app which you want to move to SD card.
- Press the storage button.
- Now, if see whether there’s an option known as Change.
- If it’s available then, click on it and hit the SD card button to move the app to SD card. Otherwise, click on move to sd card button (if available).
- If there’s no option like that, then the app can’t be moved to SD card.
Also Read:- How to Crack Some Android Apps or Games
2. Change Default Storage to SD Card
If your smartphone doesn’t feature the transfer option, then this is the method which is made especially for you. Following are the steps on how to move apps to SD card:
- Open the settings menu on your device.
- Scroll down to the storage option.
- Press the overflow menu option located at the upper-right corner.
- Navigate to Storage Settings.
- Tap the “Format as Internal” button.
- Press erase and format button. It may take a few minutes to process your request.
- After that, press the next option and initiate the transfer of apps to the SD card.
- Wait a few seconds and let your device move apps to SD card.
- Once done, click on the “Done” button and your system will start using your SD card as internal storage.
That’s it! Above are the two best methods on how to move apps to SD card. I hope this guide helped you to move apps to SD card. If you found this helpful, then share it with your friends who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts, then let me know in the comment section below. We would be happy to help you.