Microsoft comes with a lot of new features every year to improve their user experience. In the long list of features, a new feature known as telemetry has been added by the Microsoft. This feature collects and sends data to the Microsoft’s servers to help them diagnose problems. Although this is a useful tool which helps Microsoft to diagnose problems to improve the user experience, many people recently reported that the “Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry” has taken up a lot of disks space.
If you are also facing the same issue, then don’t worry about this because we’ve created this step by step guide which will help you to resolve the issue.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Memory Leak Problem
1. Fix the Issue Using the Group Policy Editor
- Firstly, Press the Windows Logo Key along with the R key to open the Run Command.
- Type “gpedit.msc” and then press Ok.
- Go to Computer Configuration.
- Now select Administrative Templates.
- After that, Select Windows Components.
- And then choose “Data Collection and Preview Builds” option.
- Then, Double click on “Allow Telemetry” option.
- Select Disabled, Click Apply and then Ok button.
- Now, open up the Taskbar. Once it opens, check whether the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is using the normal space or not.
Still facing the same issue? Don’t worry, just try our next method to resolve the issue.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Issue
2. Fix the Issue Using Registry Editor
- Press the Windows Logo Key and the R key at the same time to open the Run command.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press OK.
- Click on “Yes” if asked by the User Account Panel.
- Now, Go to Hkey_Local_Machine >Software >Policies >Microsoft >Windows >Data Collection option.
- Double Click on the “Allow Telemetry” option.
- If you can’t be able to find the Allow Telemetry option, then create it yourself by Right clicking on “Data Collection and then select New >DWORD (32 bit) value.
- After that, Name the new value as Allow Telemetry.
- Then double-click the ‘Allow Telementary’ option and set value data to “0” and click on OK button.
- Once this process is finished, press Ctrl+Alt+Esc keys at the same time to open the Taskbar. Once it opens, check whether the problem persists or not?
So, Above are the best possible solutions which you can use to resolve Microsoft compatibility telemetry high disk usage. We hope this post helped you to resolve the telemetry issue. If you found this post helpful, then don’t forget to share this with your friends, family, and others who are looking for the same.
Do you have any queries regarding this post? Then, feel free to contact us through the comment section below.