Android users are rooting their device since the operating system came into existence and it’s becoming easier day by day. There are a plenty of tools available which makes the rooting process easier than ever. Magisk is one of those tools which you can use to root your android device. Rooting your device with Magisk is quite easy, but some people will find it difficult. So, if you are one of them, then you don’t worry about it. In this blog post, I am gonna share a step by step guide which will help you to root your android device With Magisk.
What is Magisk?
Magisk is an android application that can be used to root your android device without changing any settings. Unlike other rooting apps, Magisk roots your device without modifying system settings. Rather than modifying your system, it modifies the boot partition. The best part is that it contains a Magisk hide feature which allows you to hide root status from some apps and programs. Using this app, you can hide your root status from apps like Google Pay, Amazon Pay etc.
Also Read:- How to Root Android Phone Without PC / Computer
- Root your device without modifying any of your system settings.
- Pass the Safety test even if your device is rooted.
- You can use banking and payment apps even if your device is rooted.
- You can add third-party features after rooting your device.
- It allows you to manage root permissions without any problems.
- Android Version 4.0 and Up is required.
- 2 GB RAM and 8 GB ROM are required.
- Some Free Space is Required.
- Android Device must not be under warranty.
Root Your Magisk App Using TWRP Recovery
- Click here to download Magisk stable or beta zip file.
- Connect your phone to a computer and transfer the downloaded file to internal storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode using the special button combination.
- In the main menu, press the install button.
- Navigate to the internal storage and then select the Magisk zip file.
- After that, just swipe left to confirm the flash and wait for some time.
- Once the flashing process is completed, then click on the “Reboot System” button.
Patch Stock Boot Image
If your device doesn’t support the TWRP recovery, then you can follow the steps to install Magisk by patching the stock boot image. Here’s how you can do this:
- Before doing anything, just grab the stock boot image depending on your current firmware.
- Transfer the boot image to your device internal storage or SD card.
- Download and install the Magisk Manager Apk from this link.
- Once it’s installed, launch it and tap on “Install” button from the dashboard.
- Choose “Install” again and select the Patch boot image file” option.
- Now, navigate to the internal storage and locate the boot image which you have downloaded earlier.
- After that, Magisk Manager will patch stock boot image.
- Once it’s patched, copy the patched_boot.img from the /sdcard/MagiskManager/ to C:\adb folder.
- In the same folder, hold the Shift button and right-click on any empty space.
- Select “Open Powershell Window Here” option.
- Boot your Android device into Bootloader or Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to a computer.
- Flash the patched_boot.img to install Magisk and root your device.
- Once it’s done, you can reboot your device using the “fastboot reboot” command.
- Once the reboot is successful, then open the Magisk manager app and confirm the installation.
That’s it! Above are the methods which you can use to install and reboot your device using the Magisk Manager. I hope this post will help you to reboot your device. If you found this guide helpful, then share it with other friends who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask me in the comment section below.