Kodi is an excellent platform which you can use to stream your favorite video content online. It supports a lot of platforms like Windows, Rasberry, Linux, and Android. Using Kodi on Windows and Linux is easier and there’s no need of any technical setup. But, when it comes to install and use Kodi on Android, then there are a lot of things which make Kodi compatible with Android. So, if you want to know the method to install Kodi for Android, then here are the steps which you need to follow.
How to Install and Use Kodi On Android
There are two methods which you can use to download and install Kodi for Android. The first one is quite easier than the other, but it totally depends on you which one you choose. Following are the methods which you can use to install Kodi on Android:
Also Read:- How to Install Windows 10 on Android or Tablet
1. Using Google PlayStore
The simplest way to install Kodi on Android device is to install it through Google PlayStore. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to your device’s PlayStore.
- Then, type Kodi in it and it will come on the 1st place.
- Once you find it, then click on it.
- On the next screen, tap on install button and it will start downloading.
- Once it’s installed, then you are ready to use it.
Also Read:- How to Install Android in VirtualBox
2. Using Internet Browser
Before proceeding further, you need to install few applications like Localcast, Kodi and File Explorer on your Android device. Once all of them are installed, then here are the steps which you need to follow:
- Click here to download an XML File.
- Once it’s downloaded, then visit your device Settings > Display Settings and enable the Show Hidden Files option.
- Then, open your downloads sections and copy the XML file.
- Go to Android – Data – org.xbmc.kodi – files – .kodi – userdata folder and then paste the file there.
- Now, open the Kodi app and try playing any video. Choose Chromecast as your source and then select your Chromecast.
- The video should now play on your TV in which the Chromecast is plugged.
2. How to Access Local Content on Kodi?
In order to start accessing the files stored in local storage, you need to follow the steps which we have provided below:
- Launch the Kodi App.
- Then, click on the “Enter Files Section” tab.
- Now Tap on the Browse option.
- Tap on “Add Videos” option and select the folder which you want to display inside the Kodi App.
- Click on the folder and then it will ask you to add a video source.
- Choose the Video Source and then click on OK.
- Now, you are ready to stream the local content on your Kodi App.
That’s it! These are the methods which you can use to install and use Kodi on Android device. I hope this guide helped you to find what you were looking for. If you found this helpful, then share it with your friends who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any questions to ask, then let me know in the comment section below.