Did you recently tried to connect your iPhone to your PC, but iTunes not detecting iPhone? You checked your device in iTunes and unluckily, it’s not showing up there. Great Now What? What’s wrong with your device? Is iTunes won’t recognize my iPhone? Probably Yes.
Fix iTunes Won’t Recognize iPhone
There may be several causes of the issue, but the solutions will always remain same. No matter, what may be the cause, we’ve presented some solutions below which you can try when iTunes won’t recognize iPhone.
1. Some Simple Tricks to Perform Before the Actual Solutions
Before trying out the actual solutions, we recommend you to use the basic tricks given below to resolve the problem. Here are the tricks which you should try:
- Close the iTunes and relaunch it again.
- Try using a different USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Restart your desktop.
- Use a different syncing cable if possible.
Well, these are the tricks which you should try before moving forward to the actual solutions because no one knows which solution will work for you and which one not. So, keep trying everything given in this ultimate guide.
Also Read:- How to Fix USB Device Not Recognized Error
2. Still, iTunes Won’t Recognize My iPhone! What to do Next?
If your iTunes still not recognizing your device, then the very first thing you can do is delete your iTunes and then reinstall it again. Also, keep in mind the process will be different for both the MAC and Windows devices. So, without having more discussions, let’s learn how you can reinstall your iTunes:
- Firstly, you have to uninstall iTunes. In Mac OS, you have to uninstall it from the terminal and In windows, it can be deleted from the Control panel.
- After that, click here to install the latest version of iTunes from the Apple Store.
- Once it’s done, restart your computer and see whether it works or not.
3. Reinstall Apple’s Windows Drivers to Solve the Issue
If you are a windows user and your iPhone is not detected by the iTunes present on your computer, then this method is solely designed for you. Here you have to update your iOS device driver so that the iTunes start recognizing your iPhone. So, let’s learn how you can do this:
- Press both the Windows icon and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Once it’s opened, type “devicemgmt.msc” and click on OK. This will open the Device Manager.
- In the device manager tab, find “Apple iPhone” option.
- Now right-click on it and then choose “Update Software” option.
- After that, click on the “Browse on my own computer” option.
- On the next screen, click on “Browse” and then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple… and lastly, select the “Driver” folder.
- Now, your computer will reinstall the iTunes. Once it gets installed, restart your computer and it’s done.
That’s it! These are the best solutions which you can use to solve the issue when iTunes won’t recognize iPhone. I hope these solutions will help you to fix the problem. If you found this post helpful, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives because it will not take more than 2 seconds. Also, if you have any queries or questions regarding this post, then feel free to connect with me in the comment section below.