You recently plugged your iPhone and it’s not charging? Why your iPhone won’t charge? Is there any hardware problem? Is it the time to replace it? Probably not, because there might be small issues which can cause the “iPhone not charging” issue. But wait, what are the reasons which can use this problem and how can you fix them? This is where we come to help you regarding this issue. So, without wasting more time, let’s explore the reasons and possible fixes when iPhone won’t charge.
1. Check your Charging Port for Lint or Dust
One of the primary reason for iPhone not charging problem is remarkably simple, your iPhone’s charging port may be clogged with dust, lint or some other obstruction. Something quite small can prevent your charging cable to connect to your iPhone. So, the very first thing you must do is check your charging port for dust, lint or any other small obstruction.
If you see something there, then just take a toothpick and start cleaning it. If you have an air can, then you can also try blowing it in the charging port. Once the port is clean, just try charging your phone again to check whether it works or not. It may work, but if it doesn’t work then don’t worry, keep reading.
Also read:- How to Record A Phone Call on iPhone
2. Check the USB or Charging Cable for any Damage
Sometimes, there may be a damage in the charging port that can cause the problem. This can be somewhat obvious if the problem persists for the first time. If your cable is torn, then this can be a possible reason for the situation when iPhone won’t charge. You can borrow a charging cable from your friend or relative and then try charging your iPhone with it.
If it charges, then the problem is in the cable and you have to buy a new charging cable. Luckily, we have found some best and affordable Amazon lighting charging cables which you can buy from here. All the charging ports are certified, works great and are quite durable.
3. Reset Your iPhone
Rarely needed, but sometimes a simple reset can solve the whole issue. There may be an issue in your iPhone’s software that can cause the iPhone not charging problem. It’s your iPhone software which allows your device to charge, so a small bug can change the whole game. So, here are the steps which you can follow to reset your iPhone:
- Press both the “Power” and “Volume down” keys together and hold them until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- Now, try charging your iPhone again to see whether the problem is solved or not.
- If the problem still persists, then head over to our next method to get out of the situation when iPhone won’t charge.
Also Read:- How to Use iPhone as Webcam? | 5 Best Apps
4. Factory Reset your iPhone
Still facing the issue, then you have left with only the last option that is to factory reset your iPhone. Basically, it restores your iPhone to the situation when you’ve used it for the first time. In fact, it will erase everything from your device, so we recommend you to take a backup before following the steps given below:
- Firstly, connect your iPhone to a computer through a USB cable and open iTunes on the computer.
- Then, press and hold both the power and home buttons until you see the message that “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” in your computer.
- Once you see it, that’s the moment where you can restore your iPhone using the iTunes.
That’s it! These are the best possible solutions which you can try to fix the problem when your iPhone won’t charge. All these methods will definitely solve the issue but if you are still facing the same issue, then you must visit your nearest Apple store. Did you found something helpful in this post? If yes, then share it with the people who are facing the same issue. Also, if you have any queries regarding this post, then let me know in the comment section below.