If while upgrading your iTunes to a newer version you have run into the “iPhone error 4013” and you don’t know what to do next, then you’ve landed on the right page. Normally, this error occurs when you try to upgrade your iOS 7 through the iTunes app. Most probably, it occurs whenever there’s something wrong with your hardware, but sometimes it may be due to an issue with your software.
How to Fix the iPhone Error 4013
So, without wasting any more time, I am listing down some of the best methods to solve the “iTunes error 4013” issue:
1. Check Your USB Port & Connector
If this problem has occurred for the first time, the first which you should check is the USB Port and Connector. Even a small dirt particle can corrupt the error. So, we suggest you clean your USB Port and Connector with a smooth cloth. Here are some more tips which you can follow to check whether the USB port or Connector causing the issue:
- Always use the USB Port that has come with your device. If you don’t have that, then you can also try other Apple USB Port.
- You can also try plugging into another computer so that the cause could be found.
- Blow some air into the USB Port and Connector to remove all the dirt and lint particles from there.
Also Read:- How to Fix the iPhone Error 1671
2. Free Up Some Space On Your iPhone
Sometimes, if there’s no space available on your device, then it will not properly. There are a lot of users who have solved the “iPhone error 4013” using this method. You can check your iPhone’s storage space from the settings menu.
If you found that there’s no more space available, then you can delete some of the unwanted applications and files. If your device has some free space, then it will work smoothly, otherwise, it will not work according to its capability.
3. Reboot Your Device
Rebooting your device will stop all the background programs running on your iPhone. So, if any file or program is causing the issue, then a simple reboot will solve it. Here are the steps which you can follow to reboot your iPhone:
- Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and then reboot it.
- To do that, press and hold the sleep and home button at the same time for at least ten seconds.
- This will restart your computer. Once your iPhone has restarted, then you can try upgrading your iOS version again.
Also Read:- How to Fix iTunes Won’t Recognize iPhone Error
4. Fix the Error through the Recovery Mode
- Connect your iPhone to a computer and then open iTunes.
- Then, take a full backup of your files and information.
- Press and hold both the power and home button together until your screen turns into a black screen.
- Now, you are in the recovery mode and your iTunes can detect your device in recovery mode.
- If it doesn’t recognize, then follow the steps again and again until it recognizes successfully.
- Now, just restore your device through the iTunes.
That’s it! These are the best possible solutions which you can use to fix the iPhone error 4013. I hope this guide will help you to get rid of the iTunes error 4013 issue. If you found this guide helpful, then share it with your friends, family and, relatives who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any questions or queries to ask, then let me know in the comment section below.