Many iPhone and iPod users have encountered the iTunes error 1671 while updating or restoring the devices. There may be several reasons which can cause the iPhone error 1671. For example, your operating system might be of outdated version or you have the outdated version of iTunes.
iPhone Error 1671 | How to Fix it?
If you’ve encountered this issue, then don’t worry, there are some solutions which you can use to resolve the iPhone error 1671. Here’s how you can do this:
Some Important Things to do Before Resolving the Issue
Just make sure that you have the following things before implementing the solutions:
- Ensure that your iPhone time, date and time zone are correct.
- Make sure to have the latest version of iTunes.
- Login into the administrative user account, not a guest account.
- Update the Mac OS to OS X or Windows.
Just Perform a Reset Before doing anything for the Error 1671
- Press and hold the power button along with the Home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- Just ignore the “Slide to Power off” text if it appears.
- That’s it, Just see this trick works for you or not. If it doesn’t work for you, then you must try out quick fixes to solve the iTunes error 1671.
1. Fix the iPhone error 1671 using your Windows PC
- Firstly, connect your PC to your iPhone.
- Then, disable all the antivirus or malware programs running in the background.
- Then, Go to “My Computer” and open the C Drive.
- Now, Go to Windows>System 32>drivers>etc and then locate the “Host” files.
- Remember the location of the Host files because you’ve to put the files back to their original place after you are done with the restore.
- Now, Open iTunes and restore your iPhone or iPad.
- Once done, put the host files back to their same folder.
2. Fix the iTunes Error 1671 using your Mac
- Firstly, connect your Mac to your iPhone or iPad.
- Disable all the antivirus programs running in the background on your Mac.
- Then open Finder and select Go option.
- Now then select Go to Folder.
- After that use type below-given command and click on Go.
- After that, a new window will be opened and your host files will be selected.
- Now, drag the files to the desktop.
- Also, make sure to remember the location because you’ve to put the files back to their original place.
- Open up your iTunes and restore your iDevice.
- Once its done, just put the Host File back to its original folder. (very important).
Also Read:- How to Fix iTunes Won’t Recognize iPhone Error
That’s it! Above are the best solutions which you can try to solve the iPhone error 1671. I hope this post helped you to get the required information you are looking for. If you found this post helpful, then don’t forget to share it with your friends, family, and relatives. Also, if you’ve any doubts or questions regarding this post, then feel free to connect with us through the comment section below.