Of all the Apple’s software platforms, the one which you most likely to use on your pc seems to be iTunes. It’s not only the large place to manage all the tracks you probably still have but it also an essential piece of software that runs all the Apple devices you may own. And we all know that Apple keeps on updating their services and releasing new updates every month. So, it becomes necessary to update the iTunes to get all the new features. The Updating process is straightforward and here are the methods which you can use to update iTunes program:-
(#) Automatic iTunes Updates
iTunes offers you an option to update their software when a new version is available for you. To activate the Automatic updates, just press the ‘Alt’ key to display the menu bar and then click the ‘Edit’ Button. Under the Advanced tab, there is an option “Check for automatic iTunes updates.” Just click that option, and that’s it. Now, iTunes will update itself in future without alerting you.
Also Read:- Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled | Solved
(#) Manual iTunes Updates
If you don’t want to enable the automatic updates features on iTunes, then you can use our manual iTunes guide to update your iTunes to the latest version. But, there are different steps for both the Mac users and Windows users. So, we’ve provided all the steps to update iTunes on Mac and PC.
Also Read:- How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Computer
1. Updating the iTunes on a Mac
On Mac, all the Apple software updates are done through the Mac App Store program that comes inbuilt into the MacOS on all Macs. So, you can also update the iTunes using the MacOS program. Here are the steps you need to follow to update the iTunes program:-
- First of all, Click the Apple icon located at the left corner of your screen.
- After that, Click on App Store.
- Once the App store opens, you just have to Go to the Updates tab where you will find all the available updates.
- IN SOME CASES: You may not find the iTunes update right away because it is hidden under the Software updates section located at the top.
- When you’ve found the iTunes update, just click on the Update button next to the iTunes update.
- Then, the App store downloads and installs the new version of iTunes automatically.
- Once the update is complete, just launch iTunes, and you’ll be using a new version of iTunes.
2. Updating the iTunes on Windows PC
When you install iTunes on a Windows PC, then you also need to install the Apple software update program. For that, you can use the latest version of Apple software update program. Here are the steps you need to follow to update iTunes on your Windows PC:-
- First of all search for the Apple Software Update program in the search bar.
- Once the program launches, it will check for any apple software updates and if there are any updates, just click on that and install it.
- After the iTunes update is installed, just follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process. When it’s done, you are ready to use the latest version of iTunes.
That’s it! Above are the best methods and steps to install the iTunes update on your Mac or Windows PC. I hope this post helped you to get the required information, If this helped you, then share it with your friends or if not, then feel free to share your problems with us in the comment section below.