Are you facing some storage issues and your device is asking you to clear your cache or app data? If yes, then you are on the right page. Today In this post, we will share some information about the word “cache” with our readers so that they can use them to solve some little Android problems. But, before that, you must have known about what does the cache word means and when do you clear cache in android?
What is Cached Data?
Cached data is a information that comes from any particular website or forum you visit. Once you visit any website, your device, your device will store the data on your machine, so that when you visit for the next time it will be there already.
Also Read:- How to Fix Screen Overlay Detected in Android
For instance, just suppose that you’ve visited the website amazon in order to purchase something and your brain stores the route in your mind that when you visit for the next time, it should be easy and same. This is how the cached data works. Your device always stores some information about any particular website you and when you visit the website for the next time, it will be easier for the device to access it.
When do you Need to Clear your Cache and App Data?
There may be many circumstances in which you need to clear your cache and app data, but some of them are as follows:-
- First one is to save your storage. Sometimes, there might be some apps which may feel sluggish to you, so In that case, you may wish to clear their data.
- Another one reason is that you want to reset an app into their default state if the particular app is buggy or start misbehaving with your device.
That’s it! These are some common reasons and circumstances under which a person may wish to clear the cache and app data. But, Now a question arises that how to clear the app data or cache? If you are looking for an answer to that question, then here we go:-
Also Read:- How to Root Android Phone Without PC
How to Clear the Cache of All the Apps in One Click?
If you want to clear the cache of all the apps stored in your device in one go, then here the steps that you need to follow in order to clear the data:-
- First of all, open the settings menu if your phone or tablet and then scroll down to the storage tab.
- After that, open the storage tab and look for cached data option.
- A pop up will come up asking you for the confirmation to clear the data.
- Just Tap on the Ok button to completely delete the data.
Once you’ve deleted the phone cache, some apps will take some time to load. This is because it needs some time to create the cache files again and when you use them for the second time, you’ll notice a slight difference.
Also Read:- Android System Webview: Explained
How to Delete Cached Data for Specific Apps Only?
While clearing the cached data of your phone can be helpful, but sometimes you may not want to delete everything. So, In that case, you may wish to delete cached data of some specific apps only. Therefore, In order to delete the cached data of some specific apps, you just need to follow the steps below:-
- Firstly, head over to the settings menu of your device.
- After that, search for the apps and tap on it.
- Click all apps.
- Then just choose the app for which you want to clear the data.
- Now, Tap on the clear cache in order to wipe cached data of the specific app only.
That’s it! Above are the steps you need to follow in order to clear the cached data. I hope this post helped you to get the required information you are looking for. If this helped you, then just like comment and share it with your friends, family or relatives. Also, if you have any questions or doubts, then feel free to contact us through the comment section below.