iPhones are famous for their camera quality, build quality, faster user interface, and software stability, but there are few times when something goes wrong with the software itself, and the only way for the user to tackle with that situation is the hard reset iPhone 7 option. Apple has taken a very harsh step to remove the physical home button along with removing our beloved headphone jack. Apple decided to remove the standard home button on the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus and changed it with a new pressure sensitive button.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
The new home button brings some special features as it is capable of detecting the amount of pressure and reacts accordingly to the task you’re performing on your iPhone. And because of the introduction of the new home button, the default hard reset function has changed quite a bit. So if you’re wondering on how to reset iPhone 7 and seven-plus hard, then this is the right place! we will guide you through the process of iPhone 7 hard reset which works on iPhone 7 plus as well.
What Is Hard Reset?
Hard Reset is a forced reboot which efficiently helps to restore iPhone into factory working state. It should fix all of your minor bugs and problems which you might be facing due to some faulty apps or framework. Please keep in your mind, that performing a hard reset will wipe down your all personal data and will restore your device to its original factory condition.
If you’re facing any kind of issue in your device, then this iPhone 7 hard reset tutorial can help bring your device back to life.
If you ever find yourself stuck in a position where your phone is feeling buggy or having some glitches in the user interface.Then you can perform a Hard Reset to speed up and fix any possible alterations which might be causing your phone to malfunction. Just follow the steps given below which will show you exactly how you can hard reset your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus with new keys combination :
Steps required to Hard Reset iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
- Take a backup of your device important data, this could be your fav contacts, messages, important notes, personal photos, and videos.
- Turn off your device if it’s already running.
- Press and hold the “lock” button which is located on the right-hand side on your iPhone.
- With the “lock” button pressed, press “volume down” button which is located on the left-hand side on your iPhone.
- Keep holding the “lock” button and “volume down” button until the screen goes black and the device restarts showing an Apple booting logo.
- wait for a few moments to completely boot up into the device.
- After successfully booting up your iPhone, sign in to your iCloud account to restore any previously saved backup which should be available in your iCloud or iTunes.
- Install all your important productivity and social communication apps and you’re ready to go!
Note: There are some precautions you should take before performing a hard reset
- It takes some time for the first boot after performing a Hard Reset, So be patient.
- Make sure you have charged your device up to 60% at least before performing iPhone 7 hard reset procedure.
- Make sure if you have taken backup of any of your important data (Images, Videos, etc.)
By following these steps and key combinations, you will be able to Hard reset your device easily. This method is quite similar compared to earlier iPhone models.
We hope this article helped you and cleared your doubts on how to hard reset iphone 7 and 7 plus, if you encountered any problems during the process, then comment down below and we will try to help you to overcome the problem.
If this article helped you, then consider sharing this to over social media, as there might be other people who might be need of this tutorial.