Did you recently face the “service registration is missing or corrupt” error and don’t know how to get out of it? Then, you’ve found the right page. The error may halt the Windows OS and its supporting applications to get automatic updates further. So, It may not be good for your device and OS because Microsoft keeps on updating their OS to protect users from any kind of viruses or malware.
Fix Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Issue
Most of the times, the windows troubleshooter fails to fix this issue. In that case, we have to fix the issue manually and here are some of the ways which you try to fix ” service registration is missing or corrupt” issue manually:
1. Start Windows Related Options to Fix the Issue
Sometimes when we install any new software on our computer, it automatically changes the Windows update settings. So, you have to run the windows options again to fix the issue:
- Press both the Windows icon and R keys together to open Run command.
- Once it’s opened, type “service.msc” in it and click on OK.
- Find the Windows Update option and then double click on it to open the next window.
- In the next window, find “Startup type” and set it to “Automatic” instead of Manual.
- Click on Apply.
- Now, Check whether the Service Status is stopped or running. If it’s stopped, then click on the “Start” button and If it’s running, then click on the “Stop” button and then click on the “Start” button to restart it.
Once you are done with it, you also have to repeat the above steps again, but with other two services listed below:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- Cryptographic Service
- After all, this, go to your settings and check for any OS updates.
- If Updates available, then install all of them.
Also Read:- How to Fix Touchpad Not Working Windows 10 Error
2. Run Sfc/Scannow Command to Fix the Issue
This error may occur due to some malfunctioned files or folders on your system. So, In order to fix the issue, you can run the sfc/scannow command and here’s how you can do it:
- Firstly, Open command prompt as administrator.
- Then, type “sfc/scannow” and run this command.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and let the system do its magic.
- After a while, all the coruppted files will gets detected and fixed.
- Now, Restart your computer and check whether the problem still persists or not.
3. Run Windows Update Commands to Solve the Issue
Still facing the same issue? Then, you must try this method. In this method, we will run the comands given below to solve the issue.
- Open command prompt as administator and run the commands given below:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Once you are done with it, restart your device to see whether the problem still presisting or not.
4. Disable Windows Firewall to Solve the Issue
- Press both the Windows icon and R keys at the same time to open Run dialog box.
- Once it’s opened, type “Control Panel” in it and click on OK.
- In the Control Panel Window, find “Windows Firewall” and click on it.
- On the next screen, you have to click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” option located in the left side of your screen.
- Select and mark the option “Turn Off Windows Firewall” option and click on OK to apply the changes.
That’s it! These are the best possible solutions which you can use to fix “service registration is missing or corrupt” error. I hope this guide was helpful for you. If you liked this post, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives because it will not take more than 2 seconds, but it will encourage me to generate more useful content for you. Also, if you have any queries or questions to ask, then let me know in the comment section below.