A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error can be quiet a headache. It occurs generally when you are running highly demanding processes. The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error affects all Windows versions, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. So here are a few ways for tackling the issue of MEMORY MANAGEMENT error in windows 10 and other windows versions.
Fix Memory Management Error in Windows 10
Before finding a solution you need to know why does a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error in Windows 10 occur. The general causes can be:
- The error seems to affect the Surface Pro and Surface Pro 3 devices more among the Microsoft’s Surface line.
- The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error does not easily go from the screen. It can crash the PC. Sometimes you are forced to reboot your device.
- The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error will be on the device whenever you restart your device. This state is called an error loop. But this does not happen every time. Most of the time an error can go just by restarting the computer. So you should try restarting your windows before you try other solutions.
However, you can try some advanced troubleshooting solutions if the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error message is not removed after you restarted your computer. You should follow the instructions below.
Also, you can solve the problem of ‘memory management’ error in Windows 10 by downloading a good Scanning and repairing tool. You can let the tool scan your device and repair the error.
Some other solutions for the problem are as given under:
1. Run SFC Scanner
The SFC/SCANNOW command is a Microsoft’s tool. It is used for resolving various system problems. Many people have found it useful for solving the problem of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. To run this command you need to follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Start Menu button. Then go to Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter this line into Command Prompt: sfc /scannow. Then press Enter.
- The process of scanning may take some time. Wait until the process is finished Then you should check if any errors are fixed.
2. Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
If you receive the error message even after the SFC command, then the problem can be in the RAM memory. You should run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. This tool will tell you whether your memory is the problem or not. To run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, you should follow the steps given below:
- Go to Search, type windows Memory Diagnostic. Then open Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on Restart now and check for problems.
- Let your computer restart. After your computer restarts, the tool will report if something’s wrong with your RAM memory.
3. Revert your PC settings to default if you overclocked it
Sometimes people set the clock of the computer at a high speed. This causes various technical errors. Memory_Management error occurs very frequently on computers that are overclocked. The solution is simple. You should set the clock of your computer back on the speed at which it was originally set. This should help in removing the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. If the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error remains then the cause is something else.
4. Run a full system scan
If there is any Malware running on your computer it may cause various errors on your computer. To detect any malware on your computer you have to perform a full system scan. You can use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender, or third-party antivirus solutions.
Follow these steps to run a full system scan on Windows 10:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender.
- Choose the full scan option. This will start a full system malware scan.
Thanks for reading this article. I hope this article will help you to solve your memory management error problem in windows 10. If you still want to ask any query about this error then you can ask in the comment section. Also, share this post in your social media accounts to help other peoples.