Looking to solve the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error, but didn’t found any solution? Then, Look no further because we have something special for you. In this blog post, we are going to show some ways which will help you to troubleshoot this problem. But, before hanging out with the issue, you must have some information about what is a DNS and what are the causes which are responsible for this issue?
Domain Name Server is a service which translates a domain name into its original IP address. All the websites have domain names and the domain names have their own unique IP address. If the domain name server isn’t able to translate a domain name, then the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error occurs. Now, I think you have a proper understanding of the cause of this issue. Now, it’s the right time to hang out with the solutions. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started:
1. Flush the DNS
If the error has occurred for the first time, then you must try flushing the DNS to solve the issue. Here are the steps which you need to follow:
- Press both the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “CMD” in the text box and then click on OK.
- A Command prompt window will open and you have to type this command in it: netsch winsock.
- Once you have entered it, then reset catalog and press the enter button.
- Restart your device and then try accessing the webpage again.
Also Read:- How to Fix DNS Probe Finished No Internet Error
2. Alter the DNS IP Address
If the error doesn’t solve even after following the above steps, then you can change the DNS IP Address to solve the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error. The process involves the following steps:
- Press and hold both the Windows+R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Then, type “Control Panel” in the text box and click OK. This will open a new window.
- In this window, you have to find and click the “Network and Sharing Center” option.
- Once it’s opened, then select “Change adapter settings” from the upper-left corner.
- Select the connection and right-click on it.
- After that, choose “Properties” from the drop-down list.
- Now, double click the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option from the available connections.
- After that select “Use the following DNS Server addresses”.
- Now you have to fill 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS Address and 22.214.171.124 in the Alternative DNS Address.
- Now, click on OK button and it’s done.
Also Read:- How To Block A Website On Windows PC & MAC
3. Restarting the DNS Address
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Once it’s opened, then type “Services.msc” in the text box and click OK.
- This will open the Services window where you have to find the DNS client.
- Once found, right-click on it and select the “Restart” option from the drop-down list.
- This will restart the DNS address and then you can access any webpage without any problems.
That’s it! Above are the best solutions which will help you to solve the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain easily and quickly. I hope this guide helped you to get what you were looking for. If you found this helpful, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any queries or questions to ask, then let me know in the comment section below.