Have you ever encountered an error that tells you “Failure configuring windows updates, Do not turn off your Computer” If Yes, then don’t worry, you are not only the one? Many Windows users face this issue daily. So, In this post, I will share some methods to solve the problem. Here are the methods which help you to solve the issue:-
1. Just Revert or Force Restart the Computer
If you are stuck on the error screen, then you have two options with you. The first one is to wait until the computer reverts back the changes. It may take around 3o-90 minutes depending on the version of windows. But, keep in mind that only try this if you have enough patience or you are afraid to force restart the computer. Once the computer reverts back the changes, then you have to Boot your computer and then make sure that it doesn’t happen again in the future.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Issue
If the above fix doesn’t work, then you must try another option that is to force restart the computer. Just press and hold the power button until it shuts down the computer. After that, just start your computer and press the F8 button (if F8 not working for you, then check safe mode method for your pc) continuously until you enter the Safe mode.
2. Fix the Issue using Windows Update Troubleshooter
In this way, we will try to fix the issue using the windows inbuilt feature which is known as Windows Update Troubleshooter. To Start this, Just go to Control Panel and then click on the Find and Fix Problem. Now, Just follow the steps below in order to proceed:-
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Black Screen Issue
- Visit the System and Security Section and just click on Find and Fix Problems.
- Now you have to click on Fix Problem with the Windows Update option.
- After that, If A window will appear on the screen and in there just click on the Advance option and select Run as Administrator option.
- Then, Just Click on Next Button.
- Wait until it detects the problem.
- If the normal scan does not work for you then click on Try Troubleshooting as an Administrator option.
- It will show the results once done. Then try to fix the issue.
If this method doesn’t work for you, then just move to the next method to solve the failure configuring windows updates error.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows Update Not Working
3. Deleting Windows Update Cache
In this method, We will delete the windows update cache which may solve the issue. But, before this, we need to turn off some services otherwise windows wouldn’t allow us to delete the cache. After that, Just follow the below steps to resolve the issue.
- Just click on Start menu and type in the search bar Services.msc and hit the enter button.
- After that, In the service window just scroll down until you find the Windows Update option.
- When you find it, just right click on that and click the Stop button. This will stop the windows update service.
- After that, you need to stop the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. You can stop that in the same way as you stopped the windows update service. You will find it in the Services window.
- Now, Just Go to the drive where you installed the window, usually the C Drive. After that, Just Go to the Windows folder and then open the SoftwareDistribution folder. Then Delete all the files inside the Datastore and Download folder.
- After that, Just Start the Windows Update Service.
- And then start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service in the same way you stopped them.
That’s it! These are the best solutions to perform when your Computer shows an error that tells “Failure Configuring Windows Updates, Do Not Turn off the Computer.” I Hope this post might help you to solve the issue. If you still can’t able to solve the issue, then feel free to connect with us through the comment box.