Are you getting the err_spdy_protocol_error code on your screen, but don’t know what to do next? Then, you are not alone. There are a lot of users who have reported this issue on various forums and that’s why we decided to come up with a solution for all those users. If while accessing Gmail, Youtube or Facebook, you found this error on your screen, then this is the exact time to solve it. So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive into it:
What is Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error?
Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error is a browser specific error which may occur while accessing an https connection website on the Chrome browser. If you use a browser other than Chrome, then you will not face this kind of error on your screen.
It normally happens while accessing only the Google websites like Gmail or Youtube, but there are some users who have reported that they are getting the same error while accessing other websites. This error happens when your internet connection might be slow or there may be some problem in the website.
How to Solve the Err_spdy_Protocol_Error?
There are several ways which you can use to fix the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome code. Some of the common and working solutions are as follows:
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Internet Slow Problem
1. Clean the Google Chrome Cache
If the error happened for the first time, then this simple hack may work for you. Here are the steps which you need to follow to solve the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome code issue:
- Restart the Google Chrome Browser.
- Then, Click on the three dots located at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select More Tools from the drop-down list and then click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- This will open a new window in which you have to check two options: one for the cookies and the other for the cache.
- After that, you have to select how much data you want to delete.
- Once all these options selected, click on “Clear Browsing Data” option.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Memory Leak Problem
2. Check the Antivirus Settings
If you are using an antivirus software on your computer, then the issue might have caused due to the antivirus. Sometimes, the antivirus blocks some websites and in that case, you have to change the settings of your Antivirus. Here are the steps which you can follow to change the settings of your Antivirus software:
- Open Avast Antivirus Software.
- Then, head over to the main settings and disable the https scanning option from the Avast Web Shield.
- Now, scroll down and click on the “Exclusions” option and add the URL of the website which you want to access.
- That’s it! You have successfully added the URL and you can access the website now without any problems.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Issue
3. Run the Chrome Cleanup Tool
If the problem still persists, then you can download the Chrome cleanup tool which will help you to fix the issue. Here are the steps which you can follow to fix the issue using Chrome cleanup tool:
- Click here to download the Chrome Cleanup tool.
- Once it’s downloaded, install and run it on your computer.
- Using this tool, you will be able to clean the chrome extensions which are causing the error.
That’s it! These are the best solutions which you can try to solve the err_spdy_protocol_error code issue. We hope this post helped you to solve the issue. If you liked this post, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives who are facing the same issue. Also, if you have any queries or questions to ask, then let us know in the comment section below. We would love to answer your questions.