Have you recently got the driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 error message on your screen, but don’t know what to do next? If yes, then you’ve landed on the right page where you will get some solutions to solve the driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 error. So, without wasting any more time, let’s explore how to solve this kind of error:
How to Solve the Driver irql_less_or_not_equal Error?
Following are some of the common solutions which you can try to solve or get rid of the driver irql_less_or_not_equal error:
1. Install the Latest Network Driver / Update
A lot of users have reported that the issue may be caused due to an outdated network driver. So, we thought about and we came to know it’s truth and the problem may come into existence due to network drivers. So, if your computer has outdated network drivers, then you should update them today and this may solve the driver irql_less_or_not_equal issue. The process is quite simple. You just have to visit your motherboard provider website and install the latest network driver from there.
2. Update the Wireless Adaptor Driver
This error can also be solved by updating the Wireless Adaptor Driver of your device. But before doing anything, you need to disable your current adaptor driver. Following are the steps which you can follow to disable your current driver:
- Press both the Windows+X keys at the same time to open the Power menu.
- Once it’s opened, select device manager option from the available options.
- Navigate to the Wireless adaptor, right click on it and press the disable button.
- After that, you just need to connect an ethernet cable to your computer.
- Right-click on the wireless adaptor again and then choose the Update Driver” option.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver option and then wait some time until the process is completed.
3. Remove the Zone Alarm Firewall
Third Party security and firewall tools may be a cause of the driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 error. A lot of users have also reported that the Zone Alarm is causing the same issue on their devices. You just have to uninstall the Zone Alarm firewall to get rid of the driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 issue.
- Navigate to the Zone Alarm icon on your screen.
- Right-click on it and then select Delete.
- Once the program is deleted, then restart your computer.
4. Reset Windows 10
If you are still facing the same issue on your computer, then the last option left is to reset your Windows 10. But before doing anything, keep in mind to take a backup of your files and data stored in your computer. Once you have the backup, then follow the steps given below:
- Open Start Menu and then hold the shift key while pressing the restart button.
- Select troubleshoot and then navigate to reset this PC.
- Choose the Remove everything option.
- Select the version of your windows and the driver in which the window is installed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your computer.
That’s it! These are the best solutions which you can use to get rid of the driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 error. I hope this guide will help you to solve the problem. If you liked this post, then share it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any problems, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below, We would be happy to help you.