- 1 How to Fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 Error?
In this article, we are going to show you that how you can fix the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 error. We have provided some of the easiest methods to solve the problem. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 is a very common error that any of the windows users can face. Therefore, it is important to know the solution or you can say fix of the Error.
How to Fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 Error?
Firstly we will discuss the causes of the error, that why this error actually happen? Because it is important to know the reasons which can create the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 Error. So that you can take precautions.
- Incorrectly configured, corrupted or old drivers.
- Corrupted Windows registry
- Malware and viruses.
- System file corruption
- Memory Corruption
- Driver conflict.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Internet Slow Problem
Methods to get rid of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 Error
Now we will discuss the methods that can help you to fix the Error. You can try any of the method listed below. If the error didn’t fixed after applying one method, then you can try another method.
#Method1 – Disable Fast Startup
- Firstly Open Control Panel.
- Now choose Power Options from there.
- Then select “Choose what the power button do” from the left pane.
- After that click on the ” Change settings that are currently unavailable” option from there.
- Now you will see “Turn on fast startup” option there. You have to unmark or uncheck the box before the option.
- Then click on the save changes option. And restart your system.
#Method2- Checking for Corrupted Hard Drive
- Firstly type Command in the Search Box. You will see the Command prompt in the suggestion.
- Right click on it and Run it as Administrator.
- Now type the following command.
chkdsk c: /f /r (Press Enter and wait for few seconds)
Y (Press enter and wait for few seconds)
- After that restart your computer.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Memory Leak Problem
#Method3 – Reinstalling display driver in safe mode
- First of all Press Windows+R keys together to open Run box.
- Type msconfig in the run box and hit Enter button.
- Now select Boot from the Header of the window.
- Then Mark or tick the safe mode option of the Boot options.
- Choose Network and click Ok.
- Then click on restart.
- After restarting the system, you have to go into safe mode.
- Now Go to Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters option.
- And then right click on the option from the drop-down menu and click uninstall.
- Now confirm uninstalling by clicking Ok.
- Restart your system in the normal mode.
#Method4 – Using Windows System Restore
- Firstly type Command System Restore in the Search box. And open it.
- Now click on the System Restore option.
- Enter your administrator password and follow the instructions guided by Wizard Window.
- Restart your system.
Note that if you are still facing the error then you can update your Window and Chipset driver one by one to fix the error.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Issue
So these were the four simplest methods to fix the dpc_watchdog_violation windows 10 error. I am sure you will fix the error of dpc_watchdog_violation windows 10 easily by following the given instructions carefully.
At last, I would like to thank all readers for reading this article and visiting this website. I am thankful to you that you spend some time with us. Please let us know did you liked the article? Comment your feedback in the comment section.