For some reason you want iCloud for windows, the reason might be anything. Maybe you want to transfer your data from the iCloud backup or wish to export iCloud data. The process is straightforward when you’re using a mac as it comes with built-in iCloud support. But if you belong to the majority group who own an iPhone but windows based PC/Laptop then this guide is for you!
Its possible that you never knew then you can actually use iCloud for windows. Thanks for Apple ecosystem as most of their services are limited to iPhones and MacBooks; then people assume that they cant access them if don’t own apple products. But time has changed, so we are going to guide you on how to use iClous for windows 10. And yes this guide will work on other windows version as well! So without further delay, lets jump in!
Also Read:- How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Computer
Download iCloud For Windows 10
Well, to be honest, Apple is always playing this whole game to give services toApple product users only. You won’t see the iCloud for windows option on their homepage or any other iCloud directory unless you search really deep into it. Don’t worry we have don’t that work for you. You can directly download iClous for windows from the link below.
- After downloading the client file, double-click on it.
- accept terms of conditions and press install.
- If a pop-up window will appear then click tap on Yes.
- When the installation process finish, click on Finish.
- It will ask for restart your PC, tap on Yes.
- you will be redirected to iCloud login page. Put your login credentials and sign in.
- Apple is really cautious, so it will ask you to verify your identity via a text message or email. So be sure you have such details with you beforehand.
- You might also see an error message saying that you have to repair iCloud. You can ignore it for now or fix it immediately by following the onscreen instruction which is self-explanatory.
- Select share user information with Apple or not.
- After that, you will be greeted with iCloud main window.
- Now you can sync and manage your iCloud data.
Also Read:- How to Activate iPhone Without SIM Card
Using iCloud For Windows 10
- Click on options which are right next to photos in the iCloud client.
- Choose your preferable sync settings. You can also change the default iCloud folder by clicking on Change button at the bottom right panel.
- You can access iCloud client for windows from your file explorer window.
Syncing iCloud For Windows 10
After you log in to your iCloud account, you will see a bunch of option to sync with your PC, Select those which you want to sync and press Apply. This official iCloud client supports syncing of photos, bookmarks, calendar, contacts, and iCloud drive itself.
You can enable/disable any sync process by checking/unchecking the checkbox.
Words from Author
A lot of people still don’t know that they can access their iCloud data from a windows PC. You can also access some limited part of data via the web version of iCloud, which lets you do the basic stuff. There are a lot of Third party iCloud client software; we strongly recommend you to not use them as they might hijack your import data. This iCloud client was only available to Mac users but Apple is trying to be fair here and released the Cross-platform version of their iCloud client. If you know any of your friend who uses a combination of iPhone and Windows based machine as their daily driver, feel free to recommend this article to them.This might help them save a lot of time! Also, have a wonderful day!