Ever thought to disable your laptop keyboard, but don’t know where to start? I know it may be quite difficult for some people, but with proper guidance, it will remain to be a play of your left hand. If you are one of those people, then here’s a complete guide on how to disable laptop keyboard temporarily or Permanently.
How to Disable Laptop Keyboard
There are a lot of methods which can be used to disable laptop keyboard temporarily, but some of them are outdated and not working now. So, we have found some best methods which you can use to disable laptop keyboard temporarily.
Also Read:- Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled | Solved
1. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard Temporarily?
- Press both the Windows+R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in it and click OK.
- This will open the device manager menu.
- In the device manager tab, find the Keyboards option and then click on the drop-down arrow.
- After that, you will see your laptop’s keyboard. Once you see it, then right-click on it and select “Uninstall” from the available options.
- Once you are done with it, just restart your laptop and then it will disable the drivers for your keyboard.
Also Read:- How to Uninstall System Apps From Android
2. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard Permanently?
If you are looking forward to disabling your laptop keyboard permanently, then here are the steps which you need to follow:
- Press both the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Once it’s opened, type “gpedit.msc” in it and click on OK.
- This will open the local policy changer menu.
- In this menu, you have to find and click on Administrative templates option located on the right side.
- Then, Go to System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restriction.
- After that, you will see a bunch of options on the right side.
- You just have to find and right click on the “Prevent Installation of devices not described by other policy” option.
- After that, you will see “Edit Policy Setting” option. Click on it and this will open a new tab.
- In the next tab, just change the value from “Not Configured” to “Enabled” option.
- Now, you just have to go to the device manager and follow the steps given in the option no. 1.
- After following all the things and steps, it will disable your laptop permanently.
3. How to Enable Your Laptop Keyboard Back?
- Press both the Windows and R keys together to open the run dialog box.
- Type “gpedit.msc” in it and click on OK.
- This will open the Local Policy Changer Menu.
- Now, follow the steps given above to revert back the changes made and then restart your laptop.
- This will enable your laptop keyboard back.
That’s it! These are the steps or methods which you can use to disable laptop keyboard temporarily or permanently. I hope this guide will help you to disable your laptop keyboard. If you found this helpful, then share it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below.