- 1 Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10
Hey friends, today we are going to show you that how you can fix Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 error easily. This error can occur due to several reasons. But you don’t have to worry. Because we have mentioned six methods which can help you to get rid of the error.
Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10
Causes of the Error
The error can mainly occur due to the following reasons:
- Use corrupt USB controllers.
- Outdated drivers.
Method 1 – Remove Power Supply
Sometimes the error can be fixed by removing the power supply. For this, follow the given procedure.
- If you are using a Windows PC or Laptop, then firstly shut down your System.
- After that remove all the power supply of your PC.
- Wait for a few minutes and then start it again.
If you are still facing “device descriptor request failed” error, then follow the next method.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Internet Slow Problem
Method 2 – Disable Fast Start-up
You can fix the error of device descriptor request failed windows 10 by disabling the Fast Start-up. You can follow the given steps to fix the error.
- First of all, Go to the Control Panel. And select and open Power Options.
- Now click on the “Choose what the Power Buttons do” option from the left panel.
- A new window will now open. Click on the ” Change settings that are currently unavailable” option from there.
- Now uncheck or unmark the Turn on fast startup option.
- Click Save and then Restart your system.
Also Read:- How to Fix Windows 10 Memory Leak Problem
Method 3 – Change USB Selective Suspend Settings
Still facing the error? Don’t worry here we have the third method which can help you in fixing the error unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed). Go through the following steps.
- First of all, click on the battery icon from the bottom right corner of your desktop (in Taskbar).
- After that click on the “Power Options.”
- Now select Change Plan Setting.
- After that click on the “Change Advanced Power Settings” option.
- Now select and expand the USB settings.
- Then click on the USB Selective Suspended Settings.
- After that Go to On Battery Options and then select Disabled.
- Now follow the same procedure with Plugged in Option.
- Then click Apply and then click Ok.
Method 4 – Uninstall all the Unknown USB Drivers
Here is the fourth method by which you can solve the “device descriptor request failed windows 10” error easily. In this method, we will take the help of Device Manager.
- Firstly, Press the Windows key and R key together on the keyboard.
- Now type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box. And click ok.
- Device Manager will be open. You have to find on the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Once there, Expand it.
- Attach your device if not already connected. Now find unknown USB device (Port reset failed) from there.
- Right-click on the unknown USB device option. And select the Uninstall option.
- After that restart your system.
Fix 5 – Update Generic USB Hub
- First of all, Open Device Manager by following the first two steps of the 4th Method above.
- Find Universal Serial Bus controllers from there.
- Once there, then right click on the right click on Generic USB Hub option.
- And then select Update Driver Software option.
- Now select Browse my computer.
- And then click on the “Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer” option.
- Now select Generic USB Hub and click Next.
Method 6 – Use Troubleshooter
This is the most effective fix of the device descriptor request failed windows 10 error. Here we will use Troubleshooter to troubleshoot the problem and fix the error.
- Firstly, open Control Panel.
- And then search for TroubleShooter using the search bar.
- Now Go to Hardware and Sound. And select Configure a Device option.
- Then select “fix USB device not recognized.”
- It will show you all the errors. You have to fix them.
- Then reinsert the device.
So these were the six methods which can help you to get rid of unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) error.
At the end of this article, I want to thank you all readers who visited here. Please keep visiting. If you have any query about the article, then you can comment on the comment section. And share this article on Facebook and other social media.