Long gone were the days, when cisco packet tracer was available only to the students who had enrolled in the Cisco’s academy. Now, Cisco allows everyone to download the packet tracer from their official platform. While researching, I found some people who didn’t have any idea about where to start. If you are one of them, then we have a simple step by step tutorial which will help you to download Cisco packet tracer 7.0 on your device. But before that, let’s explore more about packet tracers.
What is a Packet Tracer?
Packet Tracer is a simulation software which helps in stimulating the essential equipment involved in CNNA lab. As you all know, Cisco devices are kinda expensive, Packet tracers cut the expensive cost by stimulating all the expensive networking devices involved in CNNA lab. This type of training helps both the students and instructors. With the help of a packet tracer, students can learn the exact techniques to configure routers. The instructor will be able to create their own assignments and give them to the students.
What’s New in the Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 Version?
Cisco has made a number of improvements in this version. Some bugs which were left are now resolved in this update. I haven’t seen any further features in this update. Some bug fixes were there and those are listed as follows:
- Cisco Packet Tracer was crashing on some devices while reloading, so they have fixed this bug in their 7.0 version.
- PKT file wasn’t working properly in version 7.1 and for this, you need to disable the “Enable Cable Length Effects” option.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer Version 7.1
Requirements For Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0
- Pentium 4 CPU Version or Up is required.
- Your computer must be running either on Windows 7 or 8.
- Minimum 4 GB RAM is required.
- You must have at least 1 GB of free space on your computer.
- Screen Display must be 1024 x 768 pixels.
- We always recommend keeping your device updated for better functioning.
How to Download the Cisco Packet Tracer on your Computer?
- Download the Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 software.
- Wait for some time until it gets downloaded on your device.
- As soon as the download is finished, then launch it on your computer.
- Now, you can start using the Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 version for free.
Other Versions Links
- Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2 Version | Download Links
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.3 | Windows
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer Version 7.1
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 Full Version
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 Latest Version
That’s it! These were the steps which you need to follow to download the Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 on your device. I hope this post will help you to do so. If you liked this guide, then spread it with others who were looking for the same. Also, if face any issues while downloading it, then feel free to ask questions in the comment section below.