Google Docs is a name which made it very big in the market of utility applications. It is a wonderful application to create documents easily on a PC, laptop or even a smartphone. It’s simple interface, and user friendly nature makes it a complete package of great use. While all the people have used this app to create important documents at some point of time but they still find it a bit difficult to change margins in google docs. A new document will always come up with a space of 1 inch on the top, right, bottom and the left side of the page. However, sometimes as per the requirement, we might need to change the 1-inch margin which is set by default in the document.
The method to change the margin in Google Docs is quite simple consisting of few steps. It is quick, short and effective. The method can help you to set the margins right in Google Docs in one go. All you need to make sure is that you read this article thoroughly before performing these steps in Google Doc to set adjust the margins for your important document.
Steps to Change The Margin in Google Docs
- Please create a new document if you want to set the margins for a new document or else open the document that you would like to edit and set the margins for.
- Click on the File Option.
- Select the Page Setup option from the dropdown list.
- Once you click on the Page Setup option, please try looking for Margins option on the screen.
- After clicking on the Margins options, you will see different options such as Top, Right, Left and Bottom with a text box next to it.
- Click on the text box according to the margin you wish to adjust. In case you want to adjust the left margin, click on the text box next to it.
- Adjust the margin as per the requirement and click on OK.
- For adjusting other margins of the page, follow step 6 repeatedly.
Note:- Clicking on the Set as Default option allows you to have these margins whenever you create a new document.
Also Read:- Best Google Chrome Extensions
Please make sure you check whether the margins have been set exactly the same way like you wanted them to be.
The above mentioned steps will definitely help you to change the margins in your Google Docs and get the work done for you.
Please like and share this article with your friends, colleagues and relatives to help them to use Google Docs in a better way. Post your reviews and queries in the comment box. We will try our best to get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.
Technology becomes easier once you gain the knowledge and then start practicing it. We aim to build a technologically sound society who should believe in putting technology at a good use. It is never about who uses technology but about how they use it.