If while using your MAC, it starts to slow down and overheat all of the sudden, but you don’t know why it’s happening? Then, you’ve landed on the right page. When this problem occurs for the first time, many of us will prefer to restart the MAC, but it’s not the right solution. There’s a solution known as “Activity Monitor Mac” which you can use to improve the efficiency of your device. If you are a casual user, then you must know what it’s all about and how you can use it to improve your computer.
How to Open the Mac Activity Monitor?
The process is so simple, clean and easy that even a casual user can follow it. Here are the steps which you can use to open Activity Monitor on your computer:
- Open up the Launchpad on your MAC.
- Then, Open other.
- Once you are there, then you can open the Activity Monitor from there.
- You can also use the Spotlight (Command+Space) or Alfred to open the Activity Monitor on your device.
Also Read:- How to Show Hidden Files on Mac?
The Initial Process
Similar to the Windows Task Manager, Mac Activity Monitor is a tool which will provide you the extensive list of apps running on your device. Using this tool, you can see which programs are hogging most of your memory.
Once you have information about those programs, then you can kill them easily to improve the efficiency of your computer. Items will be arranged in an alphabetical or numeric series and you can view them by just clicking on them.
Also Read:- MAC Print Screen | How to Screenshot on Mac
How to Close Rogue Programs Running on your Mac?
Not Every Application or program will work in the way as you want. Sometimes, there may be some programs which will cause errors and can clog a lot of your memory. In that case, your Mac will start to slow down or become unresponsive. At that point, you have to solve the issue using the Activity Monitor. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to improve the efficiency of your computer:
- Open the Activity Monitor on your Mac.
- Find the application that is causing the issue.
- Once you found it, then see whether it’s clogging a lot of space or CPU power or not.
- If it is, then click on the app to highlight it.
- Then, click on the “cross” icon located at the upper-left of your screen.
- Now, Activity Monitor will ask you for a confirmation.
- Once you see a pop up for confirmation, then click on the Quit/ Force Quit button to kill the program.
Also Read:- How to Update iTunes on Your Mac or Windows PC
How to Solve the High Battery Usage Issue?
Whenever your Mac isn’t connected to the power socket, then you should keep an eye on the battery usage. Sometimes, if we go out and forget to bring our charger, then it becomes very important to save the battery usage. To find out the apps which are consuming too much battery, you just have to follow the steps given below:
- Open the Activity Monitor.
- Navigate to the Energy section.
- Then, click on the “Energy Impact” option and it will re-arrange all the programs in the order of battery usage.
- If you find a program that’s consuming too much battery, then you can stop that program to save your battery.
That’s it! Above is the step by step guide which you can use to improve the efficiency of your computer. I hope this guide helped you to get what you were looking for. If you found this helpful, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives. Also, if you face any issues, then let me know in the comment section below.