Youtube is the world’s largest video sharing platform and Google does a great job while keeping it up to date with new features. But still, there are some common issues which will interrupt your user experience. The most common problem reported by most of the users is “Youtube not working“. So, What would you do if this problem happens to you?
Simply you don’t need to worry about this because we’ve listed some fixes below which you can use to fix the issue when the error “youtube not working” happens.
Also Read:- Solution: Headphone Jack Not Working Properly
1. Restart Your Phone
If this problem happened for this first time, then a simple restart will work for you. Most of the problems have been fixed with just a simple restart. This closes all the apps running in the background which might be causing the issue. Here’s how you can do this:
- Press and hold the power button on your device.
- Then, a prompt will appear on your screen, where you have to select the Restart option.
- Once done, try to play youtube videos on your phone.
Still facing the problem? Don’t worry and try our next solutions to resolve the issue.
2. Check your Internet Connection
Sometimes, the problem might be due to an unstable internet connection. If you see the youtube not working error, then the first thing you need to do is to check your internet connection. Just follow the steps below to check whether you are connected to an internet connection or not.
- Open the settings menu and scroll down to the Wi-fi settings.
- Then, connect to a Wi-fi network, if you’re not connected.
- Once connected, open the Youtube app and try to play a video.
If the video plays, then you’ve solved the problem. If it doesn’t, then try our next methods to resolve the issue.
Also Read:- 5 Most Disliked Videos On YouTube
3. Clear the App Cache to Resolve the Issue
The next solution on our list is to clear the cache and data so that you can examine whether it resolves the problem or not. This will delete all the temporary data which might be causing the issue. So, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, open the settings menu on your phone.
- Then, scroll down to the Apps and Games section.
- Once found, tap on it and find the Youtube App.
- After that, just tap on the Youtube App and then click on clear data/cache option.
Note: We recommend you to try deleting the Youtube’s cache firstly and then check whether it works or not. If it doesn’t work, then you can try deleting the data.
4. Update the Youtube App
Do you have an outdated version of youtube on your phone? If yes, then this might be a cause of the issue. So, below are the steps which you can follow to check if an update is available or not?
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on “My Apps & Games”
- Then, check whether the Youtube is in the updates section or not?
- If it is, then just click on the update button and wait for sometime until it is updated to the latest version.
- Once the process is finished, then open the Youtube App to check whether everything is working fine or not?
So, above are the possible solutions which you can try to resolve the error “Youtube not working”. We hope these solutions will help you to fix the issue. If you found this post helpful, then don’t forget to share it with others who are looking for the same.
Do you have any questions regarding this post? Then, feel free to contact us in the comment section below.