- 1 What Is Root And Why You Should Root
- 2 Getting Prepared For Root
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages Of Root
- 4 Few Word From Author
If you want to acquire full control of your smartphone device, then the only way to do that is gain root privileges. Now the question arises what root is and how to root android smartphone. Well, rooting is quite technical but straightforward at the same time, but it can result in broken or non-responsive devices. In some cases, you will be denied to give customer support if you have root privileges on your phone. However, the benefits of root privileges are more than the horrible disadvantages. In short, you can control your device hardware however you want; you can take full potential of your device’s CPU, GPU, wifi antenna, speakers, camera, etc. Also, you can remove bloatware and uninstall all third-party apps which come preinstalled under the contract of your device manufacturer. Today in this guide we will teach you about how you can root your smartphone without any problem. So, let’s get started.
What Is Root And Why You Should Root
Have you heard of Jailbreak in iOS devices to use the full potential of their hardware? Well, rooting is the same process but for Android smartphones. Rooting your android phone allows you to dive deeper into the hardware system and will enable you to access all files of the operating system to customize each and every part of your Android device according to your will. With root privileges, you can bypass any limitation which might be set by your device manufacturer.
Rooting your device can help you to enable specific functions like Wireless tethering, wifi signal extension, amplifying speaker sound, using a custom operating system, removing system apps, etc. Rooting also gives you full control over CPU which you can tweak further to meet your requirements which further helps you to either extend the battery life or extend the performance of your device.
Getting Prepared For Root
Rooting sure is simple, but it doesn’t mean that you will press a button and then voila, you got root privilege. There are specific steps to follow with full caution in order to get full root on your android device. We will discuss few different methods of rooting your android smartphone below. Before rooting your smartphone, charge the battery up to 60% and take a backup of all your essential data.
1. Rooting Your Android Device With PC
You can root your android device with PC if you have adequate device drivers installed on your computer.
- Go to device settings and find About Phone.
- Tap on build number 7 times (If you have MI Device then tap on MIUI Version).
- Now go back to the main page and click on Developers option.
- Turn on USB debugging.
By enabling USB debugging you will be able to root your device by using the script on your computer. But before that, we need to set up device drivers. You will find your such drivers from your manufacture official site.
In this method we will be using CFRoot which is a root/unroot utility by Chainfire. its easy to use and will root your device in mere seconds. It works successfully on more than 300 devices and also provides self-explanatory steps while using the software.
- Download the appropriate ZIP file from this link.
- Extract the folder and open it.
- Launch root-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.
- let the script execute itself.
- Wait for your device to restart.
- install a root check app from play store and validate root privileges.
Want to Successfully Root Your Android Phone?
Here i am going to post a simple method, which helps you to root your android device. In this method, You have to pay a little amount and then you can successfully root your android phone. You can do many things after rooting your android phone.
2. Rooting Your Android Device Without PC
If you don’t have access to your PC for some reason, then don’t worry, you can still root your android device with the help of an APK file which will sideload root script into your system folder.There are many apps which can do this, but we will be using Baidu Root Apk in this process.
- Download Baidu-root.apk from here.
- Go to settings > security and enable unknown sources.
- Open file manager app on your device and install the apk file.
- Open the app and accept the license agreement.
- Click on the root button which is located in the center of the screen.
- After few seconds you will get the successfully rooted message.
- Install a root checker app and verify the root privileges.
3. Rooting Your Android Device With recovery script.
If none of the above methods works for you, then this will surely work. In this method, we will be placing the root script inside the system folder. The process is a bit tricky so follow all steps carefully. This method works on every recovery, but we are using TWRP recovery as an example. The steps will be same for other recoveries as well.
- Download Super-Su root script.zip from here.
- Put your device in recovery mode (In this method i am using TWRP Recovery, if you want to use any other recovery then the steps are little different for you).
- Click on install button.
- Tap on the Super-Su.zip
- Now swipe to flash the file, it will take few seconds to finish.
- Once it finished, tap on the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” button and swipe to confirm.
- If TWRP asks to install SuperSU now, then choose “Do Not Install”. Because sometimes TWRP unable to find that superSU is already installed on your phone.
- A new Super Su app will be installed in your menu which will regulate root privileges in your device.
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Root
Sure rooting your device will give you ultimate control over your phone hardware but it comes with its own disadvantages as well. If you root your device and something goes wrong, your device might go to deep sleep or as we say soft brick. Also, your company will stop giving you customer support if they found out that your device is rooted. Now it depends on you whether you want to risk all that to gain superuser control over your android device.
Few Word From Author
We highly recommend you to charge your device up to 60% before trying any of the above steps. Also, we won’t be responsible for any damage to your device. You should understand the fact that you are trying to mess with the original system files in the process of gaining root privileges. So you will be responsible if your phone gets soft bricked or gets potential hardware damage.Being using a rooted smartphone for a long time, I can assure that you will love your device more and will be able to do things which you could never do before. Some of them would be extending your battery life, hacking wifi, increasing sound quality, etc. Good luck!