Where is My Computer on Windows 10? Does this question recently popped into your mind? Maybe Yes! You might have noticed that the “My Computer” icon is hidden from the screen on Windows 10. And, you probably don’t like the new icons and you want the old icons instead of them. But, how you can do this?
My Computer Windows 10
This is where we come to help you. Here is a step by step guide which you can use to add the My Computer icon in Windows 10 & 7.
1. How to Add My Computer Icon in Windows 10
Windows 10 is a recent version which is highly recommended and efficient enough to handle multiple tasks. Microsoft has always worked in the manner that they provide the best working versions to update. If you are aware of the recent version, then you might have noticed that there are some icons which have been replaced by some other icons. Also, if you don’t like those icons, then don’t worry. You can simply change them using the steps given below:
- Turn on your computer and Right click on the desktop.
- Click, Personalize.
- Then, head over to “Themes” and select “Desktop Icon Settings”
- On the next page, you will see the “My Computer” option and you have to enable it.
- Once enabled, click on “OK” and the “My Computer” icon will be displayed on your desktop in Windows 10.
2. How to Add My Computer Icon in Windows 8
Are you using Windows 8 on your computer and want to display My Computer icon on your screen, then here’s how you can do that:
- Turn on your computer.
- Then, right-click on the desktop and choose “Personalize” from the given options.
- After that, click “Change Desktop Icons” tab located in the left pane.
- Under Desktop Icons, just select “Computer” and click on OK button.
3. How to Add My Computer Icon in Windows 7
If you are using Windows 7 on your computer and you want to show “My Computer” icon on your screen, then you can do it using the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button.
- Then, find and right click on the “Computer” option.
- Choose “Show on Desktop” from the available options.
Now, the My Computer icon will start displaying on your screen.
Also Read:- Fix Windows 10 Memory Leak Problem
That’s it! These are the steps which you can follow to add “My Computer” icon on your desktop. I hope you really enjoyed this article. If you liked it, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives who are looking for the same solution. Also, If you have any questions to ask, then let me know in the comment section below.